1.First thing I remember

Painful days
I remember few bits of my childhood like movie trailer  mostly highs i.e. happy moments and lows i.e. painful,  e.g. crying in nursery when I stuck an eraser deep in my nose  , riding my first bicycle, and many similar incidences. But most important part of this life that is worth sharing is that day in a library when I found this book, called Shri Yoga Vashishta which is kind of less famous biography of Indian God Rama. Those were very difficult days, medical college was giving me tough time, exams were the deadly ghosts that were sucking away life from my days and peace from the nights. I had already failed my exams and was sure to flunk them again and again. That was the time when I prayed with a heavy heart, "If there is any God anywhere please guide, help or console me , do anything but show me that you exist, else this life is not worth living one more day." With these words I picked up that book I mentioned Sri Yoga Vashistha. This was s silent surprise for me.
Yoga Vashistha
This book is a dialogue between the famous Lord Rama and his Sage Vashistha who was their royal spiritual guide. This book took me by complete surprise.I expected something intelligent from Lord Rama to talk to his guru, it seems Rama was like me in his teenage. He went into severe depression like me when he was around 14 years. God and depression seemed strange to me but also soothed my hurt life. It filled me with unknown and unexpected hopes.Rama was so low in his earlier days that he wanted to either kill himself or run away to woods to become monk.Something that Buddha actually did. Rama kept asking questions upon question that seemed at times useless if not entirely stupid. His questions were , who am I ? Why is there so much in equality and suffering in this world? What is soul ? and many more. These types of questions we all have had at some point of life but we don't take them so seriously as he did. This made me wonder , was that over-sensitivity Rama made him God ? for if he really was born as a God , which I believed till date he would not go into depression.
Beginning of quest
I was not realizing but a big change has starting inside me. This was the first book I read from first page to last page without a break. this was the book that made my schooling worth it. for the first time I felt lucky about being educated. Now my reading was not limited for my exams but to know what is this whole life about ? 

My lesson
This was a great revelation for me that there are no born Gods, no one born as holy men, every one
of those people we revere or pray were like us at one time of their lives.How every great or grand they seem have gone through a long and arduous journey.I may like it or not, believe or refuse to believe I am on the same spiritual highway as Rama , Buddha or any other master.

There are no born Gods
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning

Manas baba